Friday 26 March 2010

Ardmore Tea Room

Where: Ardmore Tea Room, 6499 Quinpool Road, Halifax, NS.
When: Monday, October 19, 2009.
What: Fish and chips, $8.49+tax.

The Ardmore Tea Room is another one of those local favourites, popular with the young and old. Ardmore serves all day breakfast, and good, homemade style comfort food. Plus it's cheap! The Ardmore has also won many awards in The Coast's Best Of Food, including Best Fish Cakes in 2009.



My friend ordered a veggie burger platter and I got the fish and chips (you can read her veggie burger review here).

As you can see from the picture below, the portions are huge! It comes with handcut fries, two pieces of haddock in a dark, crispy batter, and a side of cole slaw. Our food came quickly and was nice and hot. I was a little bit shocked at the dark colour of the bater on the fish. It looks like they either cooked it too long or maybe the oil hadn't been changed in a while. The fish was good though, with lots of flavour. I liked the cole slaw too. Of course the fries, as always were great!

It was a lot of food though and I didn't eat all the fries. Next time I will just get a half order.

Ardmore Tea Room

I give Adrmore Tea Room 3.8 little fishies out of 5.

No comments: