Thursday 29 March 2007

Jamieson's Irish House & Grill

Where: Jamieson's Irish House & Grill, 5 Cumberland Drive, Cole Harbour
When: Friday, March 9th
What: Two piece fish & chips, $8.95+tax

On March 9th I visited Jamieson's Irish House & Grill in Cole Harbour with my friend Laurena. Of course I had to try the beer battered fish. It's been a few weeks now, so I'll do my best to remember the details (it was a bit dark in there and hard to write notes).

Jamieson's Irish-House & Grill

The two piece fish and chips was $8.95 and came with a nice helping of hand cut fries. The pieces of fish were really small though, so I don't feel like I got my money's worth as far as the fish goes. The fries however, were delicious. Hand cut, fresh, hot and crispy. The fish, made with a Smithwicks batter, was pretty tasty, but I don't remember it being outstanding. For garnish I got a lemon wedge and parsley flakes (big fan of parsley flakes). There was also two kinds of vinegar on the table. My dinner companion did like the tartar sauce, and she said it was probably homemade.

Whiskey Cannisters

I really like the atmosphere in this place. The staff were very friendly, and it had a cosy feel to it. Leather chairs were set up near the entrance, so you could wait there for a table, have a few drinks, or eat your meal in that corner. Our table ended up being on stage, so I felt a little self-conscious trying to take pictures. As most of the light was by candle, my pictures didn't turn out very great (no flash). The picture of the fish and chips was unusable, but I did catch a few good shots of the other treats.

Beer paddle
The beer paddle. From left to right: JAMIESON’S IPA - Irish Pale Ale, Garrison Raspberry Wheat Ale, JAMIESON’S Special Dark Ale (I think), Smithwicks (not a fan of the Smithwicks).

Bailey's with frangelico
Bailey's with frangelico.

I give Jamieson's Irish House & Grill 4.5 little fishies out of 5.

No comments: