Tuesday 3 November 2009

Crown Fish & Chips, London, UK

Where: 1-3 Pratt St, London, UK
When: November 01, 2009
What: Small haddock & chips, £5.95 (including taxes)

I found this place googling for fish and chips in the Camden area. (F was playing a show at the Koko.) The reviews I read for it was pretty good and I figured that it might be better than just getting fish and chips from any old place that I'd end up wandering into. The decision to eat there was also made because we passed by it in my search for food.

fish & chips in London

I definitely cannot say that this was the best fish and chips I've ever had. It was, however, and some what surprisingly, not the worst fish and chips I've ever had. The chips were sad and pale but the fish was really fresh.

The thing that I was really surprised by was the skin. Yes. The fish had skin on it. I'm used to my fish and chips being skinless.

fish & chips in London

The batter wasn't that great. It was the kind that they use to make chicken balls. I ended up just eating the fish and leaving the skin and batter. But as I mentioned earlier, the fish was really fresh.

Side note: Pictures were taken with a cellphone camera. I forgot my camera back at the venue since I wasn't expecting to eat fish and chips when we headed out in search of food.

I'm gonna have to give this place a 1.5 out of 5.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! And very speedy. You may have noticed that I am still behind in my reviews, as there are still a few drafts to post.

Rebekah said...

Hey! So I hope this doesn't creep you out or anything but I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago when searching for a place in HRM to enjoy some good fish & chips. Last night my friend and I put Jamieson's and Willman's to the ultimate test. I gotta say, I'll definitely be going to Willman's again...thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately, I wasn't too big of a fan of Jamieson's. Feel free to read my blog post about the experience :). Thanks again...enjoy reading your blog!

Will Thoms said...

I've been here - I didn't find it too bad! I recently wrote an article on fish and chips facts in the UK if anyone fancies a read... http://www.british-explorer.co.uk/blog/fish-and-chips-facts/