Tuesday 15 March 2011

Islamorada Fish Company

Where: The Islamorada Fish Company, Islamorada, Florida
When: Monday, January 31st, 2011
What: Fried grouper basket ($17.95+taxes) and fried grouper sandwich (12.95+taxes)


My husband and I went on vacation in Florida for a week at the end of January/beginning of February. While the fried grouper we had was not the traditional beer battered fish and chips, I definitely thought it was worth the mention.

The Islamorada Fish Company is apparently a chain establishment but I don't think fried grouper something every location has. We went the location at Islamorada in the Florida Keys. I also doubt the grouper would be as fresh and delicious anywhere else. It was the best fish I've ever had.

I ordered the smaller portioned fried grouper sandwich but got this giant portion. Perhaps the chef was in a good mood. The fish was moist and sweet. The fish was so good, I really don't remember much else.


You don't go to the Florida Keys and not try some key lime pies. This one has a pecan crust and a super rich and smooth key lime filling. It was a fantastic way to finish a great lunch.

I give The Islamorada Fish Company 5 fishies out of 5. :)

No comments: